Can I use Emerlink to establish and operate an independent international MTO (Money Transfer Operation)?
Yes, Emerlink provides all the necessary tools to deploy and control an entire money transfer operation while complying with local and international remittance, AML, KYC and reporting laws. Emerlink also can be set as a platform for a Global MTP (Money Transfer Provider) to reconciliate and effect settlements between agencies.
Do I need to modify or setup additional products to expand my send/ receive network?
No, you may add as many locations as you want.
We can also help you to connect with global MTOs and international banks that are already on Emerlink to immediately expand your overall network reach. Contact us for more information.
It’s important to point out that once you are on our platform, we’ll assist you to tap into new markets at no cost, as well as to partner with global money transfer business and delivery bank/agents in a destination country where our clients are.
Can Emerlink really be employed to replace all the software and procedures while fully complying with AML/KYC requirements and assist with the reconciliation process?
Yes, we have several implementations where our clients are agents of global MTO’s and are using Emerlink to manage their entire operations, historical and customer data, CRM, marketing, reconciliations and to assist with rules, limits and AML, KYC requirements.
Emerlink platform has been certified by global MTPO’s like MoneyGram, Ria and others to connect our clients with their global networks. Additionally, our Integration department will be able to assist you with custom MTO’s integrations. Please contact us to inquire about MTO’s integrations.
What basic services does Emerlink provide as a web application?
- Sale of local and international money transfers
- Sale and purchase of foreign currencies
- Bill Payments
- Customizable Compliance rules and limits
- Continuous tailored development
- Facilitate the integration, via web services, with Global Money Transfer Providers and Aggregators networks (Moneygram, RIA, Southern Express, Emerlink Clients, etc.)
Can I integrate a debit or credit card in to Emerlink to provide relayed services?
Yes, Emerlink can be setup to work with payment processors and electronic wallets, debit cards, and many more.
What are the minimum requirements to activate Emerlink POS at my POS?
As a minimum, all your branches need to have Internet access connected to a PC to access the system. Usually the following peripherals are to be employed: receipts printer, scanner and electronic signature pad. Contact us for detailed information.
How fast can the Emerlink money transfer system and Forex system be setup and delivered?
The standard system can be ready to use within 2 weeks, including basic customizations and initial AML configuration. But custom MTO’s integrations usually take between 30 to 90 days depending of entity, the complexity and the length of the certification process.
Note: MTO’s integration usually require a small fee. Please contact us for detailed information.
How are the fees charged to our customers during the transactions setup in Emerlink?
Transactional fees are setup by our clients or their connected MTO’s.
- Different fee schedules can be applied for each country or remittance corridor.
- Also, different thresholds multipliers can be applied to determine fees depending on the amount of each transfer.
- The percentage of the fee proceeds to be retained and split for the destination partners also setup by corridor on the system.
How the exchange rates are established for remittance transactions?
The Wholesale Rates are already provided by Emerlink through the integration of our real-time currency exchange rates provider, Currencylayer, also employed by many banks and multinational companies like: FedEx, Disney, Jetblue and Intel.
Based on the Wholesale Rate, our client’s setup their own margin and commission fees over the Send FX rates and can also determine the FX commissions splits for the destination partners.
How the exchange rates are established for Bureaus FX Exchange transactions?
The client needs to:
- Enter the bureau’s LOCAL BASE CURRENCY RATES in the system and set the Purchase and Sale prices at 1
- Enter the bureaus INTERNATIONAL CURRENCY RATES for each traded currency, in the system and set the:
- Purchase Prices at an amount inclusive of the bureau’s wholesale rate + the bureau’s margin and,
- Sale Prices at an amount inclusive of the bureau’s wholesale rate - the bureau’s margin.
Is there a way to have the bureaus purchase and sale exchange rates automatically displayed on all the bureaus locations as required by the central bank?
Yes, just need to activate the DooH module with the USB player connected to the display/s to have the real-time purchase and sale rates published on any display or TV at the locations. Remember that this additional feature will allow to simultaneously broadcast any other media or compliance information you may want to show across all your locations.
Does Emerlink provide tools to keep my remittance operation in compliance with international KYC and AML requirements?
Yes, Emerlink can be setup to comply with specific jurisdiction AML/KYC requirements. Emerlink KYC verification processes will self-activate and enforce at your customer’s first contact with your POS globally:
- At registration, Emerlink seeks:
- Matches against all current entries and merged duplicate profiles preserving all transactional customer history
- Clearance from OFAC, SDN, UN 1267 (ISIL (Da'esh) & Al-Qaida Sanctions List)., Custom Black Lists and determines PEP status.
- Collect scanned images of the customer Id and other relevant documents that can be required from time to time.
- Ensures Real Time Network Surveillance is being enforced over the network for recurring customers, checking and measuring multiple factors before the use of Agent’s services like the enforcement of AML rules based on risk assessment level, transactional history, parties transacted with, relationship with parties, suspicious associations, matches on UN1267, OFAC, SDN, PEP, and custom black lists.
The Emerlink platform is being updated continually to provide and comply with new functionalities and requirements at no additional cost.
We can also satisfy local and client’s custom specific requirements for small fee amount, depending on the project reach. Please contact us for more information.
How secure its the Emerlink Platform?
Emerlink is one of the most robust web-based remittance platforms in the industry. The system can detect threats in real-time with risk-based access controls and tracks any spotted high-risk activity at the network level;
At our client’s level, the user access is protected by a multilayered approach initiated by establishing user identity assurance:
Note: Notwithstanding the above, privileged access users shall use common sense practices to avoid exposure to predictable and preventable threats and follow basic and straightforward rules and all the pre-established security procedures.
- User multifactor authentication technology combining 2-Step user verification system with dynamically required strong credentials.
- Device authentication is required based on client 2-step mutual TLS authentication certificate exclusively issued for each one of our Clients.
- POS access restrictions where a specific IP address is assigned (from the Client CMS) to each POS.
- Profile access restrictions where IP restrictions can also be assigned segmented to the users of an entire users’ profile, for example administrators, or the entire business HQ.
What type and infrastructure Emerlink utilize?
Emerlink infrastructure resides on TIER IV data centers where several private network clouds are being employed to host multiple balanced virtual private servers. The servers are isolated for different purposes: web/front servers, transaction servers, DB servers and cluster storage servers.
Each cloud provides a managed firewall at the perimeter of the network to monitor and actively block advanced malware which traditional antivirus does not detect.
Does Emerlink platform have a documented business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan?
Yes, our proven recovery time objectives for restoring critical systems and/or restoring operations after a serious incident (attack, loss/corruption data on multiple servers) is less than 5 Hrs.
All our client’s clouds offer monitored redundant servers to ensure proper business continuity;
Emerlink full data backups are performed daily to multiple offsite locations, globally and each copy of the backup is maintained for 30 days.